Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, and within the established corporate policies and procedures, the Payroll Clerk is primarily responsible for processing accurate payroll data for our domestic, multi-state operations on a bi-weekly basis. The Payroll Clerk will be also responsible for providing resolution on payroll questions to employees and managers on an ongoing basis.
Please note this position is based out of our New York City Office.
- Execute the bi-weekly multi-state payroll cycle for exempt, non-exempt and hourly employees
- Researching outstanding payroll tax issues, and working with third party payroll processor to resolve issues
- Assist in the resolution of payroll related issues by providing prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees - via phone, email and in-person
- Process new hires, state-to-state movements, terminations, status changes, leave of absence’s, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits and rate changes
- Comply with all company policies and departmental procedures, ensuring honest and ethical conduct at all times.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Payroll Clerk;
- Must have experience performing Payroll through ADP
- Strong knowledge of Excel. Must be proficient in other workplace applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and online applications
- Ability to understand employee payroll issues and to communicate solutions effectively, professionally, and respectfully
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task efficiently
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Specific experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP Reporting is highly desired